Superior coated steel made in Africa specifically for African conditions
Safal Group was the first, and remains the leading producer of aluminium zinc coated steel made in Africa specifically for African conditions. Its metal coating alloy is the most widely used of its kind worldwide, designed to deliver an extended service life to the underlying steel core.
Hot rolled coil is cold rolled at the mills, prior to metal coating and colour coating.
Its metallic coated steel is sold under the brand name Zincal®. Its colour-coated Zincal steel is sold under the brand name of Colorplus® (a double coat paint system) and Optima® (a single coat paint system)
Our Metal Coil Brands
Steel and sustainability
- Steel is 100% recyclable
- Our manufacturing is designed to eliminate harmful emissions and waste.
- All metal coating mills are environmentally compliant with World Bank Standards.
- Safal Steel is a founding member of the Green Building Council of South Africa
- Download the outh African Bureau of Standards-AZ Fact Sheet
- Download the AZ vs. GI paper
- Zincal product sheet
- Colorplus product sheet
- Optima product sheet
- Aluminium Zinc coating – benefits and performance
Cold rolling lines
In metalworking, rolling is a metal forming process in which metal stock is passed through one or more pairs of rolls to reduce the thickness and to make the thickness uniform.