By Jason Deckard
Buffer overflows make up one of many biggest collections of vulnerabilities in life; And a wide percent of attainable distant exploits are of the overflow style. just about all of the main devastating laptop assaults to hit the net in recent times together with SQL Slammer, Blaster, and that i Love You assaults. If completed correctly, an overflow vulnerability will let an attacker to run arbitrary code at the victim’s computer with the similar rights of whichever method used to be overflowed. this can be used to supply a distant shell onto the sufferer computer, which might be used for extra exploitation.
A buffer overflow is an unforeseen habit that exists in yes programming languages. This ebook offers particular, genuine code examples on exploiting buffer overflow assaults from a hacker's point of view and protecting opposed to those assaults for the software program developer.
- Over half the "SANS most sensible 10 software program Vulnerabilities" are regarding buffer overflows.
- None of the current-best promoting software program protection books concentration solely on buffer overflows.
- This e-book presents particular, genuine code examples on exploiting buffer overflow assaults from a hacker's point of view and protecting opposed to those assaults for the software program developer.
Read or Download Buffer Overflow Attacks: Detect, Exploit, Prevent PDF
Best software development books
ASQ 2007 CROSBY MEDAL WINNER! An built-in expertise for offering higher Software—Cheaper and swifter! This ebook offers an built-in know-how, layout for reliable software program (DFTS), to deal with software program caliber matters upstream such that the aim of software program caliber turns into that of forestalling insects in implementation instead of discovering and disposing of them in the course of and after implementation.
Builders often introduce error into software program structures once they fail to understand module dependencies. utilizing forty-three software program households and software program Product traces (SPLs), the place the bulk are usual in commercial perform, the authors stories at the function modularization challenge and gives a examine of the way frequently it could happen in perform.
The booklet presents a platform for facing the issues and failings of the tender computing paradigm via various manifestations. the several chapters spotlight the need of the hybrid tender computing method generally with emphasis on numerous program views particularly. average examples contain (a) research of financial Load Dispatch through a number of Hybrid Optimization options, (b) An program of colour Magnetic Resonance mind snapshot Segmentation through Para Optimus LG Activation functionality, (c) Hybrid Rough-PSO procedure in distant Sensing Imagery research, (d) A learn and research of Hybrid clever strategies for Breast melanoma Detection utilizing Breast Thermograms, and (e) Hybridization of 2D-3D photographs for Human Face popularity.
Software program engineering schooling is a crucial, usually debatable, factor within the schooling of knowledge expertise pros. it's of shock in any respect degrees of schooling, even if undergraduate, post-graduate or in the course of the operating lifetime of execs within the box. This book offers views from educational associations, and schooling our bodies from many alternative international locations.
- Mathematical Programming Solver Based on Local Search (Focus (Wiley))
- Code Generation with Templates: 1 (Atlantis Studies in Computing)
- PeopleSoft Developer's Guide for PeopleTools & PeopleCode (Oracle Press)
- Einkaufsorientierte Bedarfsplanung mit SAP (German Edition)
Extra info for Buffer Overflow Attacks: Detect, Exploit, Prevent
Buffer Overflow Attacks: Detect, Exploit, Prevent by Jason Deckard
- Read e-book online Secure and Resilient Software: Requirements, Test Cases, and PDF
- Download e-book for kindle: Equity Value Enhancement: A Tool to Leverage Human and by Carl L. Sheeler